Basic facts about burglary and the importance of home security system
Home security systems were created to keep you, your family, and your property safer from potential dangers. Home burglaries are a real concern. According to FBI, burglaries or home break-ins are the most common problems in the United States.
Phoenix has one of the peak crime rates in the USA, with a rate of 40 per 1,000 persons, when compared to all communities of comparable sizes. In the case of robberies and break-ins, home security systems phoenix can be an effective deterrent. Several studies have indicated that criminals are less likely to try to break into a property that has a security system installed. If these criminals attempt a break-in into a property with a home security system, the chances of getting caught are more than their escaping.
We have gathered some basic facts about burglary and the importance of home security system for better understanding –
- Most burglars would ascertain if the house they were attempting to intrude had an alarm system. Study shows that the vast majority of burglars avoid homes with security systems.
- The majority of house thefts happens during daytime. This is the period when residents are either in school or at work.
- All security systems (old, new, or advanced) work during a power outage. They’re usually low-voltage, so they don’t require a lot of power to operate.
- Many security companies offer control of systems remotely via a mobile app. You can control your system, view warnings, and turn off false alarms all from your smart device.
- Most burglars use the front door to enter for stealing. So keep your main door locked.
- Installing motion-detecting lights around the property can prevent intrusion and make your home less vulnerable to invasion.
Even a basic burglar alarm can keep thieves away from your home. Visit a dealer that offers a variety of home security systems and choose the most suitable one.